The health sector accounts for 7% of Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions but large energy users across the healthcare sector can significantly reduce these emissions by shifting to clean renewable energy following the lead of Ambulance Victoria.
• Hear from Sustainability Victoria on the health benefits of climate action.
• Listen to Ambulance Victoria’s experience entering into a renewable energy PPA on the journey to 100% renewables by 2025.
• Energetics will highlight the state of play in the PPA marketplace and discuss the opportunities for the healthcare sector.
• Our program director at the BRC-A will then moderate a panel discussion and question and answer session.
There are now clean, affordable alternatives in the market that enable healthcare organisation to avoid the negative impacts associated with the the consumption of electricity generated from fossil fuels. Large energy users across the health sector have a unique opportunity to shift their energy procurement from polluting coal-fired generation to clean energy through Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs).
Who should attend?
• Energy Procurement Managers
• Finance Managers
• Sustainability Managers
• Contracts Managers / Legal
• Anyone interested in protecting their business from volatile energy cost
Facilitated by: Monica Richter, Program Director, Business Renewables Centre Australia
• Dianna McDonald, Climate/Social Research, Sustainability Victoria
• Cath O’Shea, Sustainability Analyst, Ambulance Victoria
• Anita Stadler, Corporate Renewable Energy Strategist, Energetics